Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wherever you are, Really be There! & Bean Sprouts

Today's message is a contemplative one...travel message below.

"One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."

I had the chance last night, to be important in the life of a child...a child who was not my own. I truly believe that it takes a village to raise our children, and I know that the more adults who love your children, the better off they are. There is something special to a child about being loved by adults who love you by choice, not because they're family members.

Some of my favorite times, are joining in play-dates to play one or two games with the kids. I like my daughter's friends to know that they are important & unique, and they are loved by our family, too.


So, my message today is...Wherever you are with your children, really "be there" in the moment. Show up and participate! You don't have to travel somewhere to go on an adventure with them.


Listen - and really hear them - when they talk to you. Hug them and kiss them when they least expect it. Love them hard and thoroughly and unconditionally. They'll be grown up before you know it.

In the last words of Erma Bombeck, "When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's"; more "I'm sorry's."

Be important in the life of a child...your own, of course...and others when you have the opportunity.

*********************************************************************************
Are you always trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables? I have the place for you!

For the travel portion of today's blog, I have heard of a fabulous new restaurant for kids called Bean Sprouts. Located in Middleton, it serves "healthy food for happy tummies." They sneak healthy fruits and veggies into every dish on the menu!

Check out their link below.

***Note: I have heard from several adult food critics that the Mac & Cheese is to die for!**

6719 Frank Lloyd Wright Avenue, Middleton (next to Copps)
http://www.beansproutscafe.com

No comments: