Sunday, May 11, 2008

Teachable Moments for Kids - Put up Birdfeeders in your backyard

Bird Watching with your children in your own backyard

Early in my childhood, I was introduced to birdwatching. We had many different types of bird feeders, and I learned to identify several species of birds.

I have passed this love of birds onto my own child. When we spot a new bird, we id
entify it and then we look up species information on the Internet. Often, we also find an audio file to hear its special song, too.

I awakened this Mother's Day morning to see two new visitors to our bird feeders - a rose-breasted grosbeak and an indigo bunting.
Put up some bird feeders and instill a love for nature in your children! You will create lifetime memories when they spot beautiful birds, such as the ones pictured above.

No comments: