Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kids - they make you smile

Have you ever noticed that your children expect you to take care of EVERYTHING?

Case in point, my daughter is responsible for getting dressed for swimming and putting her change of clothes and towel into her swim bag. Ultimately though, if something is forgotten the exclamation goes, "Mom, YOU forgot my (fill-in-the blank) today."

So there was no surprise upon leaving the swimming pool the other night when I heard the following accusing declaration: "Mom, YOU forgot my UNDERWEAR!"

I studied my commando-style daughter and replied in my best psychiatrist voice, "Hmm, how does THAT make you feel?"

A big smile spread across her face, she raised her hands in the air, did a little dance, and exclaimed, "FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

It's the little things, isn't it, really? :)

No comments: