Saturday, September 13, 2008

Songs to Download for your Daughter

Ever since my daughter was old enough to appreciate music (day 1?), it has been a tradition to give her a CD of songs for her birthday. They are often songs that make me think of her, or songs that she loved throughout the year. I encourage you to download some songs and burn them onto a CD for your own child. They will get many years of enjoyment from the sentiment contained in the lyrics of the songs that you choose.

Here's a list of my favorite mushy ones for a 9 year old daughter. Lots of happy tears shed by Mom & daughter. :)

  • You are Loved - Josh Groban
  • Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
  • My Daughter's Eyes - Martina McBride
  • My Wish - Rascal Flatts
  • Baby Mine - various artists
  • Let them be Little - Lonestar
  • Don't you Know you're Beautiful - Kellie Pickler
  • Just to See you Smile - Tim McGraw
  • My Little Girl - Tim McGraw
  • Child of Mine - Carole King
  • I Loved her First - Heartland
Click on the link below for snippets of the listed songs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about You're the Love of My Life by Carly Simon, Looking Into You by Jackson Browne, I Just Love You by Five for Fighting?